[LAU] soundcloud social environment

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Wed Feb 10 00:37:45 UTC 2016

I do not know much about soundcloud.  I know how to upload and I used
to know how to enable download of files (I'll have to recheck what Set
and/or others have written here about this :)

For instance, I do not know the context much.  How people scan for
files, how people try to sell stuff like services or such (I have the
impression that some attention a file may gather has nothing to do with
the music).

So on my latest upload someone has put a picture/comment on the track,
to the effect that 'this is a nice picture where I would like to be'.
When NOT logged into the account I clicked on this to see what it is
about then I clicked on the picture itself.  At that point Konqueror
froze completely and the desktop went a bit jerky.  So I killed -9
konqueror.  I did not pursue any investigation as to why it happened.

Just to let you know.  It might turn out that everyone knows much more
about soundcloud than I do and are aware of possible mishaps.

Cheers.