[LAU] (Ardour) How to get rid of delay when recording ? - status so far

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Feb 15 19:02:35 UTC 2016

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 19:11:18 +0100
Joakim Hernberg <jhernberg at alchemy.lu> wrote:

> Are you sure that you have configured JACK to run with realtime at
> priority 80?  Kind of looks like you are running it at 10, which would
> make your mixbus audio threads run at 5 less, that is at priority 5.

> Note that top normally shows realtime thread priorities as a negative
> value offset by 1 compared to what we refer to when we configure this.

jackd man page says:

-R, --realtime
   Use  realtime  scheduling  (default =  true)

jackd is launched like this (ps aux output since up to now I do
not know where this is defined - seemingly not in etc ?)

/usr/bin/jackd -T -ndefault -dalsa -dhw:M1010LT -r44100 -p256 -n2

Is it fair to assume it is (should be) running realtime prio ?