[LAU] (Ardour) How to get rid of delay when recording ? - status so far

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Mon Feb 15 19:06:00 UTC 2016

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 14:02:35 -0500
"jonetsu at teksavvy.com" <jonetsu at teksavvy.com> wrote:

> jackd man page says:
>
> -R, --realtime
>    Use  realtime  scheduling  (default =  true)
>
> jackd is launched like this (ps aux output since up to now I do
> not know where this is defined - seemingly not in etc ?)
>
> /usr/bin/jackd -T -ndefault -dalsa -dhw:M1010LT -r44100 -p256 -n2
>
> Is it fair to assume it is (should be) running realtime prio ?

OK, just saw the -P option :)

Now it becomes very important to know where the heck the parameters for
launching jackd are hidden so that it can be started properly at boot.
I cannot use qjackctl since right now the buffer size defined in
qjackctl is 128 while clearly jackd is launched with -p256, from
Somewhere Else.