[LAU] Ardour session with plain ALSA, without JACK

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Fri Feb 19 21:47:07 UTC 2016

On Fri, 19 Feb 2016, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> [rocketmouse at archlinux tmp]$ date;ardour4
> Fri Feb 19 21:36:14 CET 2016
> bind txt domain [gtk2_ardour4] to /usr/share/ardour4/locale
> Ardour4.7.0 (built using 4.7 and GCC version 5.3.0)
> ardour: [INFO]: Your system is configured to limit Ardour to only 4096 open files
> ardour: [INFO]: Loading system configuration file /etc/ardour4/system_config
> CPU vendor: AuthenticAMD
> ardour: [INFO]: CPU brand: AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual Core Processor BE-2350
> ardour: [INFO]: Using SSE optimized routines
> ardour: [INFO]: Loading default ui configuration file /etc/ardour4/default_ui_config
> ardour: [INFO]: Loading user ui configuration file /home/rocketmouse/.config/ardour4/ui_config
> ardour: [INFO]: Loading color file /etc/ardour4/dark.colors
> ardour: [INFO]: Loading ui configuration file /etc/ardour4/clearlooks.rc
> ardour: [INFO]: Loading ui configuration file /etc/ardour4/clearlooks.rc
> EngineControl::set_state
> Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
> Cannot connect to server request channel
> jack server is not running or cannot be started

Still looking for jack. I think once you set Ardour to jackd it starts
that way next time. Looking at 4.6.0 (old now that 4.7 is realeased) there
is no way to change the audio back end at startup... but the session can
not be loaded without the audio back end. So to change to ALSA means start
with jackd running then go to Window->Audio/midi setup, change the backend
to ALSA  from there.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net