[LAU] Raspberry Pi2 crashes with jconvolver/jack/squeezelite/Squeezebox server

Jean Beauve jean.beauve at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 12:20:07 UTC 2016

Thank You Simon,

When I was using BruteFIR, I have tried that option without success.
I didn't try it with jconvolver.
However, now it is running without issues for 5 hours, a record !

Anyway, I'll try again what you describe, as I also beleive that locking
tasks to core is better for Audio quality.

Best Regards,
Jean

> On 27/02/16 04:25, Jean Beauve wrote:
>
>> Hello Jeremy,
>>
>> Most of the time, RPi2 send a continuous beep sound from the I2S DAC
>> output
>> and is not anymore under control from putty, so, Yes it is RPi2 that
>> crashes.
>>
>> Once upon a time, i have xruns errors although jackd is in softmode and
>> this whatever the buffer size.
>>

> not sure about the current status, I have only old single core RPIs here
> and have not played with them for a while in any case, but some time ago an
> issue with the RPI2 was that load balancing between the cores meant that
> the caches got invalidated as processes got switched between cores leading
> to x-runs each switch ... a way to deal with that was to use the kernel
> systems for locking the critical dsp threads to particular cores.
>

> Simon
>

>> I didn't experience problems when the RPi2 was running only
>> Jackd/jconvolver/Squeezelite (non RT).
>> I had the problem when running also squeezebox server (RT).
>>
>> I had similar problems (buffer issues) with RPi2 was running
>> BruteFIR/Squeezelite/Squeezebox server, both RT and non RT.

Cordialement,

Jean