[LAU] Raspberry Pi2 crashes with jconvolver/jack/squeezelite/Squeezebox server

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 11:50:47 UTC 2016

On 27/02/16 04:25, Jean Beauve wrote:
> Hello Jeremy,
>
> Most of the time, RPi2 send a continuous beep sound from the I2S DAC output
> and is not anymore under control from putty, so, Yes it is RPi2 that
> crashes.
>
> Once upon a time, i have xruns errors although jackd is in softmode and
> this whatever the buffer size.

not sure about the current status, I have only old single core RPIs here and
have not played with them for a while in any case, but some time ago an issue
with the RPI2 was that load balancing between the cores meant that the caches
got invalidated as processes got switched between cores leading to x-runs each
switch ... a way to deal with that was to use the kernel systems for locking the
critical dsp threads to particular cores.

Simon