[LAU] Raspberry Pi2 crashes with jconvolver/jack/squeezelite/Squeezebox server

Jean Beauve jean.beauve at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 08:49:12 UTC 2016

Hello Jeremy,

It looks like it is much better on the non RT kernel.
I can't be sure it is not crashing anymore yet, but, for sure, it is more
stable.

Yesterday I have reverted to the NON RT Kernel as it was too stressfull.
And I may have an explanation for the crashes, I beleive that from time to
time the total memory of Pi is saturated. I have the feeling that
Squeezebox server is responsible for the crashes mainly because it
sometimes needs memory in excess while transcoding or something like that.

When I was running Jack + jconvolver + Squeezelite only on non RT kernel, I
didn't experience any crashes.

So Yesterday, I tried again everything on non RT and it didn't crashed.
And I also added the two following lines to config.txt, I don't know
exactly what it does, but i have the feeling it helps a little bit, even
with the RT kernel.

*framebuffer_depth=32framebuffer_ignore_alpha=1*

I will let everything running for a few hours in random mode, to see if it
crashes.

Anyway, I would like to know if the NEON stuff might help ? And if anybody
have an experience of building/running jconvolver with NEON ?
If it works, should also Jack and Squeezelite be built with the NEON ?

Thank you,
Jean

--
Cordialement,