[LAU] Some general news

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Fri Jan 29 11:03:44 UTC 2016

I've just read that dice have sold off slashdot and sourceforge.

Interestingly the new boss has said he thinks mistakes were made with
sourceforge which he intends to roll back.

Dice say the reason for the sale is that it no longer fits their profile. I
suspect that translates as "We can't make obscene profits out of you guys"

Some of you may have noticed that github was offline for a few hours recently so
in my view maintaining a presence on sourceforge is good insurance. Also,
their built-in bug reporting is very useful. There doesn't seem to be an
equivalent in github.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk