[LAU] Quietly Fading Away

Will J Godfrey WillGodfrey at musically.me.uk
Sun Jul 17 14:34:17 UTC 2016

Thanks Paul, and thanks for the link.

I'm somewhat envious of people who can work like that across multiple keyboards
and interfaces. I can only hold two 'lines' in my head at any one time. Often I
will add tracks once the main theme is fairly settled, but I left it too long
on this occasion, so was well out of the 'zone' by the time I thought about it.

On Sun, 17 Jul 2016 08:17:15 -0400
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> vangelis might be proud (though he'd have probably added two more lines,
> and played them live :) Very nice.
>
> just as a wild and possibly off-base suggestion, you might enjoy checking
> out mik300z's vangelis covers, not necessarily for the music, but for the
> videos that show his "technique"  which isn't particular special, but
> things do become quite clear. My favorite of them:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G56lgN28_4
>
> You can click on his name to see the rest.
>

> On Sat, Jul 16, 2016 at 6:22 PM, Will Godfrey <willgodfrey at musically.me.uk>
> wrote:
>
> > At the end of last year I actually had some time to just sit and play. I
> > have a
> > two keyboard setup so had the lower one driving 'Ghost Ensemble' on CH1
> > and the
> > upper one with 'Angel Piano' on CH2.
> >
> > After a bit of random pootling around I just hit on the first phrase of
> > this
> > and just knew I had to do something with it. I always have Rosegarden set
> > up
> > ready, so just hit record and ran with it... for about 4 minutes.
> >
> > Later, I put it up on Soundcloud, with just the start and finish trimmed,
> > and
> > titled Improv2. That's when the fun started. I just could *not* think of a
> > suitable title. I also thought I should tidy it up a bit, but apart from
> > removing one really duff note nothing else seemed to really need attention.
> >
> > Looking through my photos I found one that seemed to fit the mood, and
> > added it
> > to the Soundcloud file. This was of an abandoned trackway, that is about a
> > mile long and in some placed barely passable even on foot. Still I couldn't
> > think of a title.
> >
> > Eventually it came to me quite out of the blue, so here it is fully formed
> > :)
> >
> > http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Quietly_Fading_Away.ogg
> >
> > --
> > Will J Godfrey
> > http://www.musically.me.uk
> > Say you have a poem and I have a tune.
> > Exchange them and we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.

It wasn't me! (Well actually, it probably was)

... the hard part is not dodging what life throws at you,
but trying to catch the good bits.