[LAU] LinnStrument on Linux

Will Godfrey willgodfrey at musically.me.uk
Sun Jul 17 16:29:39 UTC 2016

On Sun, 17 Jul 2016 12:07:05 -0400
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> MPE is a relatively new way to use MIDI, and almost no pre-existing MIDI
> receiver can use it correctly.
>
> I have looked into what it would take to get Ardour to work well it, and
> concluded that I would put if off for a while. I actually Roger in Berlin
> last November and greatly enjoyed interacting with the Linnstrument and
> talking to him.

Interesting.

The Y and Z axis controls seem relatively straightforward, and I can see how
you could get effective vibrato from pitch bend on X, but going across notes
seems seriously complicated.

I could just about imagine it with some form of auto-legato on a single
channel, but how do you *accurately* line up bend-high on one note with
bend-low on the next one up... and manage some form of volume fade without
getting phasing effects???

Gives me a headache just trying to think about it!

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk