[LAU] [Music] The Silver Walks

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Jul 29 17:43:34 UTC 2016

On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 13:28:04 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
>On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 6:12 AM, Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com>
>wrote:
>

>> The lead was composed note by note, as is my usual way. Imagine a
>> keyboardist with no hands, that's the level of playing ability I
>> have on the musical keyboard. :)  I do envy the real players here
>> like Steve D and Luigi.
>>

>Buy yourself an Ableton Push 2. You can use it today with Bitwig, and
>next month with Ardour 5. Use it in "in-key" mode and every note you
>hit will be in key. It is like magic! :)

Composing note by note is the only way, because a musician wants to
play within a scale, but also to borrow notes from another scale.
During composing it's not that simple, that you just could edit a
keyboard, to provide only the desired notes, since it could be, that
you need to borrow additional notes, but you don't know this in the
first place.

I'm not a keyboarder, with similar keyboard playing abilities as Dave.
I'm the keyboarder who has one hand ;). I'm a guitarist, but I'm using a
keyboard much when using the computer to compose. I already own and
tested tools, that allow to define a scale with borrowed notes. For a
real musician such tools are nothing, but crap.

Regards,
Ralf