[LAU] [Music] The Silver Walks

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Fri Jul 29 18:03:28 UTC 2016

On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 19:43:34 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> Composing note by note is the only way, because a musician wants to
> play within a scale, but also to borrow notes from another scale.

The natural way for me is simply to not know about scales so much to
start with.  Then I can play anything and see if it sounds good.  After
playing against a backdrop for some time, a pattern are made.  Those
notes sounds good.  OK.  Now, in which time slice would it be possible
to get out of this pattern of notes and venture a note that could sound
otherwise not so good ?  And in doing so, what possible emotional draw
can it have ?

This is good for everything.  I use the same approach on guitar,
keyboard, acoustic bass.