[LAU] WhyPhil? A webshow about Linux Audio (and then some)

Yassin Philip philcm at gnu.org
Fri Jun 3 09:43:11 UTC 2016

On 03/06/16 08:35, Christopher Arndt wrote:
> Am 02.06.2016 um 23:15 schrieb Yassin Philip:
>> Oh, and do you thing I can do something for the existing
>> episodes?
>
> If you have recorded the voice separately, you can try applying a
> lowpass shelve filter with a cutoff around 150 - 200 Hz. If you want
> to get fancy, you can also try a dynamic EQ.
Hmm no, the voice is mixed (by pulse) with the music ; I think existing
episodes will stay "as is" :( but I want to get it right for the next
ones. I'm going to try input => compressor =>deesser => reverb ; but
about that " lowpass shelve filter with a cutoff around 150 - 200 Hz"
business, is there a way to insert such a processing inside my realtime
effect chain (Calf Only, ATM) ? If I follow you, this would be a Calf Eq
5 bands, with every band off except for the far left "low shelf",
dragged at 160Hz, and pushed down a bit, right? Now should I (gererally)
put it in front of the compressor, or after?

Thanks a *lot* for those advices!!

yPhil

> Some compression may also help to soften level bumps.
>
> Chris

Yassin "xaccrocheur" Philip
http://manyrecords.com
http://bitbucket.org/xaccrocheur / https://github.com/xaccrocheur