[LAU] Google Magenta project's first composition

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jun 4 21:10:12 UTC 2016

On Sat, 4 Jun 2016 23:02:55 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>On Sat, 4 Jun 2016 16:54:01 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
>>On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 4:49 PM, Ralf Mardorf
>><ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>>

>>> But he did, because he is a being with emotions.
>>

>>No, he didn't. Reich has stated very clearly the motivations and
>>thoughts that went into his early work. They had nothing to do with
>>conveying emotion.
>
>You completely don't understand what I explain. He decided not to play
>soccer, he decided to make music.

More clearly:

The emotion is to decide to make music, instead of playing soccer. The
decision to make music without transporting an emotion, already is
transporting an emotion by the music, that shouldn't transport an
emotion.

So what's new with Google Magenta? Is it a machine that should be the
composer by itself? Or are the coders the composers? This are two
completely different approaches.