[LAU] Google Magenta project's first composition

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Jun 6 06:59:40 UTC 2016

On Sun, June 5, 2016 6:22 am, Paul Davis wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 4:18 PM, Robert Edge <thumbknucklerocks at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I would argue that this is "process music", and that the actual
>> composers
>> are the people that programmed the AI.
>>

> That was precisely my point, mostly.

Is/Are the parent/s responsible for the childs behaviour?

The parents of the AI are not necessarily able to control the output or
envision what the child will create.  Does that mean they are composers,
conductors or engineers?

Is the audio engineer responsible for the quality of the performance?

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd