[LAU] Google Magenta project's first composition

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jun 5 08:02:44 UTC 2016

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 09:46:39 +0200
From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at rocket ... Oops, wrong address.
To: linux-audio-user at lists.linuxaudio.org
Subject: Re: [LAU] Google Magenta project's first composition

On Sat, 4 Jun 2016 20:46:01 -1000, david wrote:
>Anyway, music and emotions aren't necessary connected. I'm sure you've
>all heard musicians who have remarkable technical mastery, but whose
>playing can only be described as emotionally cold. I think you've
>probably heard compositions, too, that could be described best as
>intellectual exercises in making complex patterns, and also lack
>emotional feeling.

"_Impetus_" without emotion? Not the message of the music makes the
difference to a machine, the reason to make music makes the difference.

On Sat, 4 Jun 2016 21:28:17 -1000, david wrote:
>Why does music (and the unique and powerful parts of the brain
>dedicated to music) exist?

"courtship dance", "trance" ...

Why does "courtship dance" exist?

It's needed for reproduction.

Why does "trance" exists?

It#s required for self-preservation, healing, recovery.

Why does "..." exist?

Because it's a "function" of/for life.

Regards,
Ralf