[LAU] Linkedin - Out

John Murphy rosegardener at freeode.co.uk
Fri Jun 17 20:09:07 UTC 2016

On Fri, 17 Jun 2016 11:23:52 +0200
Louigi Verona <louigi.verona at gmail.com> wrote:

> 6. Additionally, such position does not allow for correction of
> information. And when someone who works in the industry, the deeds of which
> are of concern, provides information that could actually calm some of the
> anxiety, he is just labeled as an unreliable source, which only further
> propagates alarmist messages with little bearing on reality. And that lack
> of connection with reality is by definition, really, as such ideology is
> preserved by blocking any new evidence. Therefor, it stops being dependent
> on the state of the real world.

When you added you are "working in the adtech industry" to your
humorous attempts to show the human side of MS, I was pretty
convinced you're trolling. I now think you're genuine, so well done
if I was initially right. :)

Perhaps you are new to the Internet and only know it the way it is.
Perhaps you only know Windows 7 and 10 and have not had to deal with
earlier versions, all the while knowing this wonderful alternative
you can't convince 'them' to adopt because x feature of y software.

You probably don't remember when MS thought they could own the Internet
and stuck the browser deep where it really didn't belong, in the hope
that alternatives could not be used I guess. Or the way they used the
FreeBSD network stack without crediting it, or the hotmail takeover
fiasco, or the stupid new USB driver every time you plug a device in,
or... updates. Man that thing sucks, but I'm sure everyone who works
there are jolly nice people. As are arms manufacturers. Most everyone
needs a job, but advertising?

I'd better not. I'm sure you're a decent person too.

--
John (haven't willingly used anything Google since they demanded I sign something) Murphy.