[LAU] Linkedin - Out

cbannister at slingshot.co.nz cbannister at slingshot.co.nz
Sat Jun 18 14:08:11 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jun 18, 2016 at 02:41:24PM +0200, Set Hallstrom wrote:
> On 2016-06-17 14:23, cbannister at slingshot.co.nz wrote:
> > Hint: It'll be way more than 16 people, I can think of at least
> > 5 people *I know* who are not on facebook ..
>
> Well, as soon as someone uploads a foto of these 5 people their facial
> recognition data is linked in the graph. Every time i give my phone
> number to someone who's agreed to let facebook upload its contacts to
> the database, i'm a linked to them in the graph. Being "on" facebook
> reaches far beyond opening an account.

Good point! :(

> There might be a non-human readable name attached to my facebook ID, all
> that prevents someone from abusing that data (translate my non-human
> readable ID to my real name) are moral-barriers.

Then we're all doomed!! :(
Yeah, it's amazing how little data you need to do that.

> On 2016-06-16 23:21, worik wrote:

Huh? Isn't it easier to keep track of posts if you reply to
each message separately?

This could turn out to be a real Dog's Breakfast if worik decides to
reply to your message and top posts while doing so.

--
The media's the most powerful entity on earth.
They have the power to make the innocent guilty