[LAU] speaker frequency response measurement and display

Michael Jarosch riotsound at riotmusic.de
Fri Jun 24 08:51:06 UTC 2016

Hi there!

I want to display the frequency response (amplitude, impedance and
maybe phase) of my self-build speakers on my homepage. I like the clean
look of gnuplot and I wonder if anyone knows about a manual for linux-
users to make "clean" speaker measurements (with room influences
eliminated as far as possible) to get an output in a style like this:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Zsqjk1N1Sws/V2xYWnunOrI/AAAAAAAAAWE/aYPZLa2x
ItYkpFLA3f1zO25IN_AjPY_PACLcB/s1600/eq_smooth.png

(just 1 amplitude, of course, and with a dB range of 80 to 120, f.e.)

I have some experience in speaker measurement, but unfortunately I'm
not that smart to write my own octave-scripts. I'm just a linux-audio-
USER, you know.

Greets!
Mitsch