[LAU] speaker frequency response measurement and display

Gerhard Zintel gerhard.zintel at web.de
Fri Jun 24 13:17:19 UTC 2016

Hi Mitch,

On Friday 24 June 2016, Michael Jarosch wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 24.06.2016, 12:17 +0200 schrieb Ffanci Silvain:
> > Michael Jarosch, Jun 24 2016:
> > > Hi there!
> > >
> > > I want to display the frequency response (amplitude, impedance
> > > and maybe phase) of my self-build speakers on my homepage.
>
> There is JAPA, JAAA and of course "Room EQ Wizard" REW. But I
> guess, they can not export any data to create a diagram that fits
> my needs. Would be more or less a screenshot solution and I don't
> know if I could be happy with that.

5 years ago I modified jaaa (version 0.6.0) to be able to store
measured data into a file. You could launch it with an additional
flag "-f Filename" and than anytime you freeze the display the data
gets written into the same file so you have to rename that file
between different freezes.

Those patches never found the way into Fon's version (he was in the
last stage of an rewrite and thus the patches did not fit with his
actual version). He obviously does not have any need for storing the
measured data.

I've done something similar (more quick & dirty) for japa (same
version) that is still available.

If you are interested please send me a private note. I can send you
executables as well as the patched sources for jaaa and japa.

Gerhard