[LAU] speaker frequency response measurement and display

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Fri Jun 24 13:38:53 UTC 2016

On Fri, June 24, 2016 6:33 am, Michael Jarosch wrote:
> As long as I know, the tools you mentioned are not made for my purposes
> as the room is explicitly included in the measurement, because in the
> end speaker AND room is what to be linearized, frequency wise. I need
> something different: The speaker itself, in the best case without the
> influence of a room surrounded.

The traditional way of doing that is by measuring outdoors in a field.
You still get a reflection from the ground even if there are no trees or
fences nearby, so you either try to minimize that by placing the
microphone very close to the ground, or place both speaker and microphone
on a stand a meter or two tall so that the ground reflection is attenuated
a little.

--
Chris Caudle