[LAU] Focusrite Saffire Pro 10, firewire and freewheel

Maurizio Berti maurizio.berti at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 20:48:23 UTC 2016

Hello,
I'm going to buy an used Focusrite Saffire Pro 10, but I wanted to be sure
about its usability on linux and ardour before.
According to the ffado page about it, the support is complete, but it looks
like there's a bug while on freewheeling mode, as reported here:
http://subversion.ffado.org/ticket/359.
What I need to understand is the bug still exists (sometimes bugs just
disappear, or are resolved from another upgrade and are forgotten) or,
eventually, if the related alsa/firewire stack (the Saffire seems to be
compatible with the snd-bebob driver) has the same problem too.
Does anyone here have such a device and can report his/her experience?

Thank you for your help,

MaurizioB
PS:
Sorry for double posting here and in other forum/ML. The vendor has kindly
agreed to wait for an answer from me, but I don't want to take too much
advantage of it.

--
È difficile avere una convinzione precisa quando si parla delle ragioni del
cuore. - "Sostiene Pereira", Antonio Tabucchi