[LAU] Guitarix rack as a plugin

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Fri Mar 11 17:42:04 UTC 2016

On Fri, Mar 11, 2016 at 12:29 PM, Philip Yassin <philcm at gnu.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I'm a bit ashamed because the question I'm about to ask have been answerer
> already, by Paulo falkTX on IRC some days ago, and I simply forgot it.
> That's why I don't really like IRC: No backlog or chat archive, a display
> glitch and you lose information, but I digress.

In general, providing public logs of an IRC channel is considered to be a
bit questionable. There's a default assumption on IRC that what you say
will not be searchable in the future. Every IRC user is free to use an IRC
client that logs the channel for their own purposes. I have IRC logs from
#ardour dating back to 2005, but will never publish them.

It is MUCH easier to provide support to people on IRC because of the
massively reduced roundtrip time between question and answer.

--p