[LAU] Guitarix rack as a plugin

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Sat Mar 12 11:00:27 UTC 2016

On 03/11/2016 06:29 PM, Philip Yassin wrote:

> The idea here is to be treated as a 1st class guitarist citizen when you
> want to use Guitarist on a track. Because correct me if I'm wrong, but
> for now there are only two routes (wel, and a half) :
>
>  * Standalone. You launch Guitarix, : 1 st class: You load a preset and
>    play
>  * Plugin: You insert gx* LV2 plugins on your audio track: 2nd class.
>    You're left with dozens of colorful-named plugins, some don't play
>    well with others (on a sonic sense that is, and that just means they
>    work well) trial-and-error, harsh and noisy fiddling and no-pre-sets.

Hello Philip,

Personally I think it's the other way around, when using the standalone
version of Guitarix you're treated as a 2nd class citizen because you're
forced to use the signal flow imposed by the standalone version. When
using the LV2 plugins you're free to do whatever you want. I don't think
it's that much work to recreate the Guitarix preset you link to with
separate plugins in i.e. the LV2 version of Carla, store it and done :)

Jeremy