[LAU] Guitarix rack as a plugin

Yassin Philip philcm at gnu.org
Mon Mar 14 13:09:18 UTC 2016

On 03/12/2016 11:00 AM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 03/11/2016 06:29 PM, Philip Yassin wrote:
>> The idea here is to be treated as a 1st class guitarist citizen when you
>> want to use Guitarist on a track. Because correct me if I'm wrong, but
>> for now there are only two routes (wel, and a half) :
>>
>>   * Standalone. You launch Guitarix, : 1 st class: You load a preset and
>>     play
>>   * Plugin: You insert gx* LV2 plugins on your audio track: 2nd class.
>>     You're left with dozens of colorful-named plugins, some don't play
>>     well with others (on a sonic sense that is, and that just means they
>>     work well) trial-and-error, harsh and noisy fiddling and no-pre-sets.
> Hello Philip,
>
> Personally I think it's the other way around, when using the standalone
> version of Guitarix you're treated as a 2nd class citizen because you're
> forced to use the signal flow imposed by the standalone version. When
> using the LV2 plugins you're free to do whatever you want. I don't think
> it's that much work to recreate the Guitarix preset you link to with
> separate plugins in i.e. the LV2 version of Carla, store it and done :)

Hi Jeremy, I think you're right. I'd love to be using Guitarix this way
: In a Carla Rack, whether hosted or standalone, and save (File/Export/)
and share my Gx presets as Carla project files. It seems to work. Quite
magically, I must add ; I'll explain: When you load a Qtractor session
and just turn a Carla button, it won't register as a change in the
Qtractor file, the title bar will not say [modified] ; only if you touch
something like mute/unmute a track or something outside of Carla, will
then its plugin settings be saved. I can tell you it's fine with me, I
already have the reflex :)

Wow, this quietly adds Track profiles to Qtractor ;) The other days Rui
and I were chatting
<http://www.rncbc.org/drupal/comment/6962#comment-6962> about having an
optional generic UIs plugin pane (like from left to right) in the main
view, this is very much what I have in mind :)

pY

PS- Your SynthV1 presets are stellar, thanks. Kinda introduced me to the
synth itself (but my lazy ass keep using your presets as-is)

Philippe "xaccrocheur" Yassin
http://manyrecords.com
http://bitbucket.org/xaccrocheur / https://github.com/xaccrocheur