[LAU] [OT] Compiling ncurses with gcc5

Ffanci Silvain silvain at freeshell.de
Thu Mar 31 20:09:38 UTC 2016

Hey hey everyone,
I know it's not really on topic, but I needed a newer ncurses version to
compile the latest Yoshimi. But it generates problems with gcc5.

>From research, I thought it was only an issue with gcc5.0 and 5.1, so I bit
the lemon and installed gcc5.3, alas still no luck. I didn't find a version of
ncurses, that both fixes it and has a pkg-config file with it. The issue is
known and demonstrated here:
http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/18301

They seem to have a fix somewhere in sage, but nowhere else. Can anyone please
help me? Can I easily setup a pkg-config file for my old ncurses version of
does anyone of you have a local fix from somewhere, so I can build 5.9 or 6.0
with gcc5?

Sorry, if this is a stupid question, but I really couldn't find a solution to
this, that I could use.

Thanks for any help!

Ta-ta
----