[LAU] Recorded with Linux: c2016-14

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Sun May 1 22:35:00 UTC 2016

Hello !

This one basically 'happened'.  Relaxed, acoustic light feeling.

The chords were found the evening before. The next evening a drum loop
was set, the chords were played, and from there the solo line and bass
just came to be.  This is very close to a 'one shot', although not
one.  I think I fiddled the solo line in parts 2 times.  The bass
also.  Keyboard is very close to an electric piano and has a
supportive role.  Couldn't resist to add a bit of syntesized sound, so
there's a tiny bit, during the chorus.

Ah, and a backdrop of smooth rain from Freesound was laid across.

Mostly acoustic then.  Two guitars, one acoustic bass guitar.  Drums
are congas and bass drum, tiny bit of cymbal.

Not reworked, apart from mixing adjustments.  Sometimes I fear to
reworked that kind of music.  Not inclined to rework because of the
calculations that it would introduce to what basically has happened.

But then, the art is also about balancing gracefully inspiration and
technique, with the former always, hopefully, driving.

Comments welcomed.

Curiously I got a comment last week that it was too busy to be
relaxing.  I was much surpised since for me it is smooth and nicely
flowing.

Robin's VU meter calibrated at -14dbFS hovers mostly between -3 and
+1.  Exported 'sans norm' :) Export stats shows :

Integrated loudness: -17.1 LUFS
     Loudness range:  2.7 LU
               Peak: -1.6 dBFS
          True Peak: -1.5 dBFS