[LAU] Look ma, I'm in the paper :)

Massimo Barbieri massimo at fsfe.org
Tue Nov 1 13:08:36 UTC 2016

Hi.

Il 01/11/2016 13:22, jonetsu ha scritto:
> Every sentence that you have written, quoted above, can be matched
> equally by proprietary offerings.  No difference at all, apart from the
> name of the software products, and the number of people.

Can you use proprietary software without any limits? Can you study the
source code of a proprietary software? Can you modify the proprietary
software? Can you redistribute proprietary software?

> You could very well sell your music made with Open Source software.
> The FLOSS license should not apply to the products made with the
> software itself.

I can assure that I can apply to my music any license I want :-)
I chose  a Creative Commons license Attribution, Share alike (CC-BY-SA)
and I used this license to publish final mix, single recordings tracks
and Ardour project that are a sort of "source code" of our music. This
is my way to say thanks to developers who wrote Ardour, Hydrogen, CALF
and many others great software ad free software.

Ciao,
Max

--
IM: massimo at jabber.fsfe.org - OpenPGP Key-Id: 0x5D168FC1