[LAU] Look ma, I'm in the paper :)

Massimo Barbieri massimo at fsfe.org
Tue Nov 1 16:19:33 UTC 2016

Il 01/11/2016 16:54, jonetsu ha scritto:
> Well, well...  It is part of the terms of agreement to use the
> software :)  I do not consider it a limit as it is part of using it.

Hey, the GPL agreement doesn't ask me to pay anything. ;-)

> does not de facto equate limitless. If the proprietary application of
> the hardware product uses (links against) a library with a certain Open
> Source license, then it is an obligation to make available the source
> code, which is not something one wishes to do an a competitive market.

This is the part of the GPL license I like most, and for the same reason
I published my music with the Share alike option! Wanna use my code?
...then reveal your code too.

> itself.  It is more about how to earn a living from the hours and
> hours one spent designing and implementing software, so that one's
> family can have a house, food, and possible some kind of money stored
> somewhere to provide for other things later.

I'm pretty sure that all the 72 developer contributors of Ardour has
something to eat at dinner ;-)

Ciao,
Max

--