[LAU] XJADEO fullscreen in vertical span mode?

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Mon Nov 21 10:15:56 UTC 2016

On 11/04/2016 07:44 PM, oliver irschitz wrote:
> hello together,
>
> I have an issue with xjadeo video monitor. its all running fine, but
> when I put it on fullscreen on a windows system with 3 screens connected
> (vertical span mode) the video just goes fullscreen on the primary
> screen and not over all 3 screens as expected.

That is a feature not a bug. In the past users complained about the
opposite. In any case xjadeo just sets _NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN.

It does not change X11's _NET_WM_FULLSCREEN_MONITORS. So it's up to your
window-manager.

> but with the vlc player
> it just works fine and plays the panoramic video over all screens
> perfectly.

Last I looked VNC didn't actually go "fullscreen" but simply hid the
window title bar and resized itself. neat trick.

I suppose you could do the same manually or numerically using xjadeo's
remote control interface.

HTH,
robin