[LAU] file organization ?

Jostein Chr. Andersen jostein at vivaldi.net
Fri Oct 14 12:35:34 UTC 2016

Hi Dave,

On fredag 14 oktober 2016 kl. 07:47:31 CEST Dave Phillips wrote:
> ...but my greater problem is the sheer
> number of unassigned/unsorted files I generate. I use various programs
> and environments to create sounds that may or may not end up in actual
> works. As a result I have a huge collection of unorganized files that
> extends back through many years and many (mostly defunct) projects.

I have been quite hard to myself regarding this and just placed the sound files
and snippets under the "Ideas" folder, no project files and stuff, only sound
files. Then they sound as a new ideas or inspiring every time I (seldom) open
them again - and I've also ruthlessly thowed away a lot of stuff. I just could
not stand with all this diverse stuff in my system anymore and decided to
minimize anything in order to free up some brain and creative resources.  :-)

Jo