[LAU] The future of audio plugins ?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Oct 20 20:24:04 UTC 2016

On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 15:49:03 -0400, jonetsu wrote:
>On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 20:58:03 +0200
>Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 14:44:39 -0400, jonetsu wrote:
>
>> >And this comes from famous consoles used since the 70s.
>>
>> Pff, DAWs in the 70s?
>
>No, consoles, as written above.
>
>Thinner and thinner.  Is there any shame ?

What has got an analog console to do with the topic?

>> You only need to trim for the analog domain. I
>> don't know what and why mixbus provides,
>
>And maybe more while at it.
>
>That's it.  Enough of your circus.

Even with quoting me incomplete, you show that you have just a vague
idea of audio engineering at all. Since even the incomplete quote does
prove you and not me wrong.

What I understand now is, that you most likely need very much time to do
a good mix, because you are not willing to learn. You could make good
mixes with needing less time, then you need now, if you would do it
more rational.

If you start mixing with trim pots, you already waste much time. You
probably make more of similar mistakes and later you need to fix what
you did wrong in the first place. No AI networked plugins will help you
to become faster, simply learn how to mix correctly and it will cost
you less time to mix.

At the beginning I was surprised when you mentioned "time", I guess I
understand now.

On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 19:20:11 +0000, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
>As should be clear from the context, 'a mix' means using recorded
>signals. If the recording was done by someone knowing his trade
>all tracks and hence all inputs to the mixer should already have
>normal levels. Then there is no 'gain staging' involved at all.
>Not even on analog mixers.
>
>Of course you can continue to reply to any remark with something
>vaguely related but completely irrelevant, like the two examples
>above. It will only serve to confirm the rather poor impression
>you have made so far.

Jonetsu could notice at least some mistakes, by going through the
abstract ideas with a detailed imagined situation.

Regards,
Ralf