[LAU] Childrens educational media and youtube promotions

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Thu Sep 8 22:01:30 UTC 2016

On Thu, 8 Sep 2016 21:37:03 +0000
Fons Adriaensen <fons at linuxaudio.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 01:54:50PM +0200, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
> > We need some community support so that the youtube search ranking
> > algorithm(s) will give priority to the channel. It would be very
> > helpful if y'all could like/subscribe/comment/share/link to the
> > channel.
> >
> > In return I will be happy to do the same for your videos and assist
> > with promoting via the "Linux Music Videos" playlist.
>
> Am I the only one who finds this sort of thing utterly disgusting
> (keeping in mind that it's done for profit) ?

It does have a strange, non-inviting aura.  As if it was done totally,
completely, uninterested.  As a kid, it could be scary :)

Speaking of, although in a more creative, jazzy way, singer UA did a
series of videos for children.  With almost 500,000 views:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oViLi0KEw6g

Must have been a riot for her and comparse ont he TV set that day.