[LAU] Childrens educational media and youtube promotions

jonetsu at teksavvy.com jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Thu Sep 8 23:50:57 UTC 2016

On Fri, 9 Sep 2016 01:16:32 +0200
"Patrick Shirkey" <pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:

> > UA only did this once and it is so funny.

> I wonder how much money and how many people were involved in the
> production and marketing process. Did the artist have the support of
> an established media organisation or perhaps a promotional slot on
> Oprah/Ellen/The View/etc...

Well, UA is popular.  Or was, when she did pop/soul songs.

For an example, with band Fishmans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59JboFMSXnY

The intent was not to compare with a start up.  Not at all.  Although,
start up or not, there are genre styles to be applied when a
conservative market is considered.  Childrens' educational material is
rather conservative after all.

> > Large black backgrounds for kids are not very inviting, isn't it ?
> > It is understandable to have that to get the fluo out of the
> > colours, but black ?  Black is not a welcome colour for kids,
> > Polynesian and elsewhere, no ?  I mean, even as early days, how can
> > business interest be generated like that ?  I agree there's room
> > for creativity in childrens' educational material, but black ?  I
> > refer to the video.

> It helps make the colors pop.

I'm afraid, for the children market, it will take more than that.
Maybe sticking to the idea of using fractal animations, if a black
background proves mandatory, might not be a good move.

> > As a side note, wouldn't that be "kindergarten kids" instead ?

> Kinder Surprise...

That's what I thought.  So you already got sponsoring ? :)