[LAU] job opportunities in Germany - hearing research

Giso Grimm gg3137 at vegri.net
Fri Sep 9 19:13:33 UTC 2016

Dear list,

I'm happy to announce two open positions in our group at Oldenburg
University and partner institutions:

NIH-funded software engineer for 5 years (audio signal processing,
computer science, communications engineering, or similar)
at HoerTech gGmbH, a transfer institution of Oldenburg University, see
http://www.hoertech.de/de/hoertech/karriere.html for details, deadline
Sept. 30th

NIH-funded PostDoc position until 06/30/2021
in the field of Signal Processing for Hearing Devices at Oldenburg
University, see http://www.uni-oldenburg.de/stellen/?stelle=65009 for
details, deadline Sept. 20th

Especially the software engineer position is based on open source audio
software development on Linux; we presented the basis of that position
at the LAC2009:

http://lac.linuxaudio.org/2009/cdm/Friday/07_Grimm/07.pdf

Our group on Auditory Signal Processing (head: Prof. Volker Hohmann)
https://www.uni-oldenburg.de/en/auditory-signal-processing/ is active in
bridging the gap between basic research on perceptual principles in
hearing and applications in hearing devices. The group offers a creative
and collaborative research environment within a large hearing research
cluster http://hearing4all.eu/EN/

Best regards,

Giso