[LAU] How to compile Yoshimi

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Fri Sep 16 20:33:06 UTC 2016

On Fri, September 16, 2016 3:01 pm, Chris Caudle wrote:
> Wasn't there a difference in real-time safe functions used by one or the
> other?

I think maybe this is what I was remembering:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-audio-users/msg103851.html
Mark Curry:
> "To clarify one other point in this thread, zyn is not absolutely 100%
> realtime safe and stoat can certainly point out the few remaining issues
> (there is a single location for memory allocation/deallocation which
 needs to be corrected (NO LOCKS)).
> Compared to yoshimi however it is an absolutely night and day difference.
> Based upon checking yoshimi's git again it should be essentially equal
> to the realtime safety that zyn had back at its 2.4.4 release."

> "As part of trying to correct these long standing issues within
> ZynAddSubFX one of the tools that I wrote starting back in 2012 was
> stoat: https://github.com/fundamental/stoat"

The announcement for the 2.5.0 release of Zyn has links to two graphs
showing the number of function calls which are not, or potentially not,
real-time safe.  The graph of 2.4.4 is so dense it is unreadable, the
equivalent graph for 2.5.0 is fairly small.

http://lalists.stanford.edu/laa/2015/02/0006.html

--
Chris Caudle