[LAU] How to compile Yoshimi

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Sep 18 06:10:06 UTC 2016

On Fri, 16 Sep 2016 17:35:37 -0400, Jeremy Carter wrote:
>It's not a valid comparison to compare Yoshimi's features in 2016
>against Zyn's features in 2009. Zyn has put out 9 new release versions
>since 2009, and likely has most of the same features now that you
>mention.

As a Yamaha TG33 owner I always asked to provide vector control,
already years back. I still didn't use Yoshimi with vector control, but
I'm experienced in using vector control with my Yamaha synth. Does Zyn
provide vector control, too? If not, then IMO Zyn would be missing
one of the most important new features, if not the most important
feature. I recommend to listen to the weak basic sounds of a TG33. It's
unbelievable that the TG33 is able to produce such amazing sounds, just
by mixing volumes and fine tune recorded by a sequence.

Regards,
Ralf