[LAU] Laptop sound problems

Bill Purvis bill at billp.org
Tue Sep 27 09:19:11 UTC 2016

Hi, I set up my laptop to initiate Calf Plugin (Fluidsynth) and Qjackctl
at login.

When I then login, I get no sound from various apps. The
preferences->Sound->test sound
also produces nothing. Running Totem, just hangs - no output and the
progress bar stays at 0.

I've now disabled Calf and Qjackctl at login and it all works again. Can
anyone explain
what is going on?

Output from aplay -l:

$ aplay -l
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC269VC Analog [ALC269VC Analog]
   Subdevices: 0/1
   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
   Subdevices: 1/1
   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

(this is with it working, but it looked the same when not working)

Thanks,
Bill