[LAU] Music: 123

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Thu Apr 6 22:06:46 UTC 2017

Apr 6 2017, jonetsu has written:
> https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/123a
Hi,
first of all: thanks again for the veryt concise and explicit listing of
all involved pieces of software and patches. Reading the names, makes it
easier to identify layers, even the hidden ones. :)

I like the mix of ambient and rhythm driven quality in this piece. It
brings together two qualities, which in themselves could sustain a
composition for quite a while, and often do. But either one of them can
so easily lack the attention grabbing element. Two together make a match
made in synth-music heaven. :) Have you tried processing your guitar
with some softening effects for such compositions? I personally feel
that this could make it even more fun. I'm thinking of chorus, soft
phaser or flanger, slight detuning, big or otherwise very ambient
reverbs, funny delays, all that sort of thing. They'd suit your style of
playing to greater or lesser extent. Yes, I grant you that this piece
certainly had enough ambient sounds. Still, it's an interesting thought
to consider.

Thanks for sharing, it came along at the right moment to be an
inspiration and a clarification of thought.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
When you need someone, you just turn around and I will be there <3