[LAU] Question About jack transport

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Apr 7 13:23:12 UTC 2017

On Fri, 7 Apr 2017 14:57:57 +0200 (CEST), Jeanette C. wrote:
>Does Pianoteq have a sequencer that you use?

To sync step sequencers/arpeggiators, delays etc. of non-Linux apps I'm
using "MIDI clock". Syncing with an external sequence would be possible
by "MIDI timecode", but IMO it doesn't make sense. What I do instead,
when using a non-Linux sequencer e.g. from my iPad, is to export audio
and after that to import audio by Ardour. When directly working with
Linux, I simply use e.g. Ardour as the sequencer and as already pointed
out, I sync step sequencers and delays by "MIDI clock".

There might be circumstances when using JACK transport, MIDI timecode
and Co. makes sense, but IMO the "all in one" approach is more
comfortable and for anything else MIDI clock does the job.

Regards,
Ralf