[LAU] Question About jack transport

john gibby johnalan.gibby at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 15:42:21 UTC 2017

Yes, Pianoteq is the French piano modeling program, and I am running it as
a standalone application in AVL Linux alongside ecasound and Jack. It is
for playing piano live, with low latency.  (Also I recently read about  vsi
plugin version of Pianoteq , and I'm wondering if it might be better to run
it that way; some posts say so.) I will read these responses more
carefully, but it seemed to me I want ecasound to be a Slave to the earlier
parts of the pipeline so everything runs in lockstep, processing the 64
sample buffers with maximum efficiency.  Seems advantageous to me that I'm
avoiding d/a conversion until final step b4 the amps.