[LAU] limits.conf nice rtprio

Tim termtech at rogers.com
Sat Aug 19 01:05:52 UTC 2017

On 08/17/2017 11:34 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
> The fact that jackd has a --foobar option does not mean that a GUI front
> end for jackd should expose it. The developers of JACK were/are
> hackers/tinkerers and were egged on by other hackers/tinkerers to make
> as many things possible as we could. This might be good for
> hackers/tinkerers but it doesn't make it good for most users.

Open your jack1 code. Add shortened words to that effect on
  each experimental command-line option you want. Push. Done.

QJackctl team then then adds an "Experimental" tab, and moves
  option items to it, that you marked so, or hides them completely -
  it's their decision.

Advanced tab = "Yeah, you might need these."
Experimental tab = "Hands off, fool!"

Problem solved. Everyone happy. No?

T.