[LAU] looking for midi piano keyboard with "natural" piano touch

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Tue Dec 5 22:53:57 UTC 2017

On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 23:05:34 +0100
Christopher Arndt <chris at chrisarndt.de> wrote:

> https://www.thomann.de/gb/studiologic_sl88_grand.htm

M-Audio Hammer 88 is half that price:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/m_audio_hammer_88.htm?sid=d3b1a427bbae58d2409415be1c778063&ref=search_rslt_m-audio_416495_21

I have the M-Audio Prokeys 88.  It's real mechanic inside, I once
opened it.  The touch is a bit harder than a quality piano though, but
the price was quite low.  I'm used to it by now.  M-Audio replaced the
Prokeys 88 by the Hammer 88.  It could be worthwhile to read reviews
about the Hammer 88 since it might very well be the cheapest brand new
real touch USB MIDI controller out there.  If price is a concern.  On
the portability side, the Prokeys 88 does weigh 22kg.  One would not
walk long distances with it, so to speak.  The weight of the Hammer 88
is a bit less at 17.5 kg.

Here's the Sound on Sound review for the Prokeys 88.  They describe it
as an incredible value for the money:

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/m-audio-prokeys-88

They have a review of the Hammer 88 but you have to pay for it.  In the
USA the Hammer 88 sells for $399 on Amazon.

Here's the M-Audio Hammer 88 pitch on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__jcDD_V_Dw

Cheers.