[LAU] looking for midi piano keyboard with "natural" piano touch

jonetsu jonetsu at teksavvy.com
Thu Dec 7 01:04:55 UTC 2017

On Wed, 6 Dec 2017 13:35:25 -0800 (PST)
Len Ovens <len at ovenwerks.net> wrote:

> A quick comment on the m-audio prokeys88. I do not like it's sounds
> (piano or otherwise) and we have stopped using it because the
> microprocessor inside sometimes wanders off and goes sleepwalking
> requiring shutdown startup to get it back to earth. This could be
> just wear and tear, I suspect (knowing the owner) it started life as
> a rental...

I do not wire the audio outputs of my Prokeys 88.  I used to like the
piano sound though, but since I got Pianoteq there's no comparison.  I
only use the 88 as a controller and it"s nice to have that piano
feeling and range of notes when playing synths.  No problem whatsoever
with it freezing up though.