[LAU] looking for midi piano keyboard with "natural" piano touch

Cedric Roux sed at free.fr
Fri Dec 8 09:44:23 UTC 2017

Thanks for your suggestions everyone.
It's not clear to me if you are piano players
or not, so it's difficult to have a conclusion.

Is there any regular piano player (say one hour per day)
using this kind of devices with a linux setup?
I'm looking for people playing classic music
(Beethoven, Chopin, Liszt, this kind of things).
If you fit, what do you think about midi master
keyboards? Do you use one of them to practice
your piano? And does it "feel" like the real
thing? Do you use it with joy, like "mmm, what to play
today? the piano or the midi keyboard?" Or is it more
like "oh, it's late, I can't play my piano, let me
switch to this inferior alternative for today,
hopefully tomorrow I'll come back from work earlier
and I'll have my full dose of fun with this horrible
prelude on the piano."

I realize how all this is very subjective,
but I think asking a pianist is the best I can
do; after all, a piano is just a human-made object,
there is no objective metrics to decide if it's
good or not, it's just a matter of taste in the end,
whatever "taste" could mean. So I guess even "toy"
keyboards can be enjoyable.