[LAU] looking for midi piano keyboard with "natural" piano touch

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Dec 8 17:52:55 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-12-08 at 10:44 +0100, Cedric Roux wrote:
> Thanks for your suggestions everyone.
> It's not clear to me if you are piano players
> or not, so it's difficult to have a conclusion.
>
> Is there any regular piano player (say one hour per day)
> using this kind of devices with a linux setup?

Hi,

I'll forward your request to a friend who is one of Germany's
best master class jazz piano players, http://achimjaroschek.com/music.ht
ml , he owns synth as well as at least one grand piano (sometimes he
owns more than one). He once mentioned a keyboard he likes very much,
that is used IIRC by a Kurzweil sample player and a few other keyboards.
I've forgotten the name, however, nothing will compare to a grand piano
keyboard, since it's possible to adjust those keyboards to the pianist's
wishes. I'm not aware of a keyboard that could be adjusted.

However, I'm not a piano player at all, but I guess there's no chance to
know if you like a keyboard or not, than testing the keyboard(s)
yourself. While I'm not a keyboarder, I'm sensitive to materials. For me
there's a big different between a very expensive named grand piano with
or without ivory keys. I'm not kidding. I'm playing disgusting bad piano
with or without ivory keys, but for me the tactile joy differs a lot :D.

Regards,
Ralf