[LAU] Pianoteq goes Organteq

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Mon Dec 11 17:14:48 UTC 2017

Bob van der Poel <bob at mellowood.ca> writes:

>> On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 2:52 AM, David Kastrup <dak at gnu.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Paul Davis <paul-dDzkXPnfpdxaomM2pvQuqZqQE7yCjDx5 at public.gmane.org>

>>> Like, well, here: <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k66X17S06uI>.  That's
>>> using a Midi accordion as controller.  Sorry for the quality of the
>>> playing: this was just an answer for someone asking how to arrange
>>> something like "Silent Night" simplistically for accordion, so it was
>>> just done off the cuff.  But it does show that Aeolus works nicely with
>>> that kind of controller.
>
> I wonder how it would work with a breath controller like an EWI?

Well, I found using bellows pressure for Schweller quite unsatisfactory
and switched off pressure sensitivity eventually.  I'd expect a breath
controller not to fare better in that regard, and as general controller
it would be single-manual and monophonic, wouldn't it?

So I expect nothing overwhelming here unless you find one-fingered organ
playing interesting.  Ok ok, Bach turned the "monophonic" prelude of the
solo violin partita 3 into an organ prelude, but even on organ you'd
probably want to play some phrases over more than a single manual.

--
David Kastrup