[LAU] focusrite-control running in wine

David Kastrup dak at gnu.org
Sun Dec 17 20:23:47 UTC 2017

Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf-ZCLZIpdjs0kJGwgDXS7ZQA at public.gmane.org>
writes:

> Off-topic:
>
> On Sun, 17 Dec 2017 20:55:44 +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
>>Wine has no guest operating system.
>
> It has got no guest, it is a guest, since it is a kind of software
> emulation, despite the claim that "Wine Is Not an Emulator".

Well, it is a system call implementation.  It does not try emulating any
parts of a running Windows system.  It is quite more complex than, say,
AOUT executable support under ELF-based systems.  But it works strictly
on-demand as far as I understand, without a continuously resident
subsystem with its own separate runtime behavior.

Sure, this may appear like pure sophistry, but _you_ use your
nomenclature for making statements about the system that are just
factually wrong.  That's where being careless with terminology stops
being irrelevant.

--
David Kastrup