[LAU] USB audio interfaces with more than 16 digital output channels ?

Niklas Reppel nik at parkellipsen.de
Tue Dec 19 22:03:27 UTC 2017

Hi,

i'm currently looking for interfaces that have more than 16 digital
outputs for higher-order ambisonics
applications.

One of my requirements would be that they work with recent laptops, that
is laptops that don't have
expresscard or firewire interfaces, as those unfortunately aren't built
any more.

I've stumbled over a LAU post from 2016 where options were discussed.

There's the DiGiCo UB Madi that is reported to work, but the price is
ridiculous, and also it seems
rare/hard to be obtained or even out of production.

The RME Madiface USB aren't working at all (tried one of them myself).

So, the PCIe and ExpressCard versions of the RME MADI interfaces have
been reported working,
but has anybody ever tried to use them with USB-to-PCIe or
USB-to-ExpressCard adapters?

Otherwise, ase the market brought forth new options ?

Any advice is appreciated !

Best,
Niklas

--