[LAU] USB audio interfaces with more than 16 digital output channels ?

David W. Jones gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Tue Dec 19 23:04:12 UTC 2017

I understand that USB-C brings out the PCI-e bus connection. So the device appears on the PCI-e bus, I guess?

Only the Apple one packs the intelligence to translate between FW and USB. The other FW<>USB adaptors just make electrical connections and don't work.

The list archives have an email thread about this working.

I don't know the details. I have a 12-channel FW device but no laptop with USB-C to try to connect it to. So don't rely on my recollections! I have the email at home and can't get to it right now.

David W. Jones
gnome at hawaii.rr.com